FREE STANDARD SHIPPING NOW ON ALL ORDERS OVER 400€ IN EUROPE. DON’T MISS OUT —
1. What are cookies?
The Website uses “Cookies”: these are text files which are sent from a web server (which is the computer on which the Website visited is running) to the user’s browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.) and memorized on the hard disk of the user’s computer when visiting the Website. The cookie allows the Website to identify the user’s PC (by way of the information memorized therein) each time that the user reconnects to the Website using the same PC.
By using cookies we can make it easier for the user to browse the Website.
Cookies do not collect information that directly identify the user. Indeed, Excelsior cannot track any personal information that directly identifies the user using the cookies (e.g. name, surname) unless such data are directly provided by the user. Moreover, another website cannot use a cookie sent by the Excelsior’s Website to access information contained in the user’s computer. Once saved in the computer, cookies can only be read by the Website that created them (and therefore, in our case, by excelsiormilano.com).
2. What type of cookies does Excelsior use?
Technical and analytic cookies
These are the cookies used with the aim of enabling browsing and therefore the electronic transmission of data on the net, or strictly necessary to provide the services granted by the Website. These are generally temporary cookies, the so-called "session cookies." They are issued by the Website on the user’s computer during browsing but are only memorized for the duration of the browsing session. This means that when the user closes the browser, the cookies are erased automatically and disappear, and do not remain memorized on the computer. They are formed by random numbers generated by the server and are used to help ensure that the Website can be browsed safely and efficiently.
This kind of cookies make it easier for the user to browse the Website, for example by remembering the data the user has provided when filling in forms on the Website (so-called “user input cookies”), recognizing the user after logging into the Website (so-called “authentication cookies”), customizing the interface of the Website on the basis of the preferences indicated by the user, to gather bulk information on the number of visitors to the Website and on the most visited pages (“cookies analytics”), etc.
These cookies do not require the user’s prior explicit consent as they strictly necessary for the purposes of supplying the service requested by the user of the Website (ex art. 6, par.1, lett. b) of the GDPR).
These are the cookies aimed at creating users’ profiles, for example for the purpose of sending advertising that are consistent/customized on the basis of the users’ preferences: these cookies are issued by the Website on the user’s computer during browsing, and are also memorized beyond the duration of the browsing session, until they expire or are erased by the user (so called “permanent cookies”).
The use of this kind of cookies requires the explicit and informed consent of the user. Please note that the user’s consent shall be requested only upon the first access to the Website: then, thanks to the use of a technical cookie, we shall memorize the consent to allow the access to the pages of the Website directly when returning to the site. In any case the user has the right to enable/disable cookies or to erase them at any time (see point 6.2): in such case, when returning to the Website, the site will ask for a new consent).
No other profiling tools are used on this Website (e.g. spyware).
Moreover, should the user register on the Website and specifically authorize the monitoring of his/her browsing, the data related to the browsing sessions on the Website may be associated with his/her personal data.
3. Information on cookies released by excelsiormilano.com
We are pleased to provide the following information regarding the cookies used in the Website:
1) The domain name from which the Website server transmits the cookies is: www.excelsiormilano.com.
2) Purpose of data collection: the cookies are used to (i) make browsing on the Website easier and quicker and make anonymous statistical analysis on the use of the Website (technical cookies); (ii) improve the browsing experience by suggesting the best products and promotions based on the user’s browsing history (profiling cookies).
3) Data collected: the following information is memorized: the URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) addresses of the resources requested, the time of the request, the method used to submit the request to the server, the size of the file obtained in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the response given by the server (successful, error, etc.) and other parameters relative to the user’s operating system and IT environment).
Under a technical profile the following information is contained in the cookies (transmitted by the domain www.excelsiormilano.com): a numerical ID indentifying Excelsior and a numerical ID identifying the user (browsing the Website), both memorized in our database; a numerical ID identifying the browsing (so called “record”) of the user within our database; a pseudo-random alphanumerical session ID automatically erased by the browser upon its closing (session cookie).
4) Validity of the cookies: the Website uses session cookies (i.e. cookies that are automatically erased when the browser is closed), and permanent cookies (i.e. cookies that are kept until they are erased by the user, if applicable), which do not in any case last for more than six months.
5) Requirement to accept cookies: accepting cookies is not mandatory but some contents and functions may be blocked if they are deactivated, although it will still be possible for the user to browse the Website.
6) Deactivation and erasure of cookies: cookies can be deactivated or erased at any time. In order to help you make a free and informed choice, please find hereafter information on (i) cookie identifier, (ii) cookie characteristics and aim, (iii) possibility to disable/enable individual cookies or to disable/enable them all.
4. Third-parties cookies
The Website uses the so-called third-parties cookies (in particular Google Analytics and Social Network cookies) or cookies released and operated by other entities, different from Excelsior, for their own purposes.
To help you make your free and informed choice, we are pleased to provide the following information regarding (i) cookies id, (ii) cookies characteristics and purpose, as well as the link to the detailed information relating to the cookies: